The divisions of Boral Construction Materials supply ready mixed concrete and sand and gravel throughout Colorado. Divisions include Ready Mixed Concrete amd Boral Aggregates.
The histories of Ready Mixed Concrete Company and Boral Aggregates date back to the turn of the 20th century when an ambitious young man named John W. Brannan discovered a sand and gravel deposit while driving his streetcar to the turntable at 48th and Brighton Boulevard. He used his savings to purchase a mule and a wagon and began delivering sand to the foundries in lower downtown Denver. The J.W. Brannan Sand and Gravel Company furnished material for many of the early construction projects in Denver, including the Denver Auditorium, now the Temple Buell Theater.
Ready Mixed Concrete placing concrete along 17th Avenue in Downtown Denver, early 1950s
Brannan's son Lloyd and son-in-law Frank P. “Bud” Spratlen, Jr. both joined the company. In 1936, the company was split into Brannan Sand and Gravel, run by Lloyd Brannan, and Ready Mixed Concrete Company, run by Frank Spratlen.
Timeline history, including many industry firsts and innovations:
In 2004, Boral Limited acquired Ready Mixed Concrete Company and the assets of Owens Brothers Concrete, positioning Boral as the third largest concrete producer in the greater Denver metropolitan area. Ready Mixed Aggregates became Boral Aggregates, a leading supplier of quality aggregate materials to internal and external customers. Best Block and McKinney became Boral Best Block, a company offering structural building solutions through quality architectural concrete block, Keystone Retaining Walls, Pavers, Cultured Stone and other masonry products.